When: 29-30 October 2009
Where: Istana Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wild Asia is organizing a 2-day Responsible Tourism Training Workshop for general managers in tourism, sustainability professionals, business owners and the media. The workshop will provide a background on sustainable principles in tourism and showcase numerous case studies from around the Asian region.
Confirmed speakers for the workshop include;
• Mr Gopinath Parayil - CEO and Founder of the Blue Yonder and Nila Foundation, India on “The Blue Yonder: Responsible Tourism Initiatives for the Benefit of Local Destinations.”
• ITC Mughal – “Greening Initiatives within a Large Hotel Chain.”
• Ms Amanda Pummer - Environmental Consultant for GreenAsia Group, Indonesia on “Green Washing or Lifestyle Making?”
• Mr Rees Jones Stuart - Managing Director of Camps International Ltd, UK on “Profits for the Planet”
• Ms Sarah Baxter - Responsible Tourism Advisor, Wild Asia on “Green Marketing and Selecting Online Marketing Channels.”
The workshop is an excellent opportunity to learn and share with your peers, as well as, an opportunity to take home ideas for your own businesses. For the media, the workshop will highlight areas where travel journalism can expand.
What's in Store?
View the draft programme here.
Registration: USD120 per person. Concessions are available for members of the media.
To find out more or if you wish to attend the workshop, kindly contact us.